Comedy Acting & Writing Classes
BOOK NOW 20% Discount Code: STAGE20 use by 17th December
Join us in January 2018, and have the opportunity to take part in your very own Off-West End theatre showcase on the 19th March.
Stage & the City’s Comedy Acting & Writing classes are all about having fun, understanding the comedy industry and working towards creating your own sketches and scripts. Students will explore a variety of acting techniques, comedy concepts and strategies for developing comedic performance. Participants will learn how to conquer stage fright, explore what makes comedy work and learn the differences between comedy acting and stand up comedy.
Our Comedy Acting classes are ideal for anyone that wants to build their confidence, learn what makes you funny, have fun, develop their acting skills and say yes to creativity and spontaneity. This course also suits anybody who wishes to improve communication skills for work purposes including dealing with colleagues, clients and public speaking. No previous acting experience is required, just a desire to learn.
- The fundamentals of comic timing
- Expanding physical and vocal techniques in comedy acting
- Working on physical comedy through clowning
- Fundamentals of developing sellable comedy ideas
- Understanding how to pitch formats
- Developing the “Little Black Book” of industry contacts from commissioners to Heads of Development
- Improvisation as a source for ideas
- Progressing through writing and working on treatments
- Formatting pilot scripts to industry standards
- Working as an ensemble as well as individually
- Combat performance nerves
Teacher: Maddy Anholt
Maddy trained at ALRA (The Academy of Live and Recorded Arts) and had her first one woman comedy show produced by The Canal Cafe Theatre. Following this she had a sell-out run at the Gilded Balloon, Edinburgh Festival Fringe and at the Soho Theatre, London. Her new comedy pilot for BBC Radio 4 is released in December 2017. She has filmed with Warner Bros, Channel 5 and Sky.
Course Fees & Dates:
MONDAYS @ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
18th Sept – 11th Dec 2017 (13 weeks)
8th Jan – 19th Mar 2018 (11 weeks)
A £29.90 non-refundable deposit can be paid by the 17th December to secure your place on this course and to get a 20% Discount. The balance of fees will be due by 5th January unless an instalment policy is requested. Once you pay the deposit you will be sent a reminder for when fees are due and this will include your 20% discount.