Screen Acting Classes
Early Bird 20% Discount if place reserved before 1st August. Use Code STAGE20
Our Screen Acting Course is intricately designed for anyone who wishes to unlock their acting potential either for self-development or to explore basic training within the TV and film industry.
Over the 13 weeks, learn how to establish and develop your core acting skills, which will enable you to work on TV scripts from current TV shows and bring them to life on screen.
- Learning how to conduct yourself professionally in castings with TV and film casting directors.
- Understanding screen rehearsal techniques to get the most out of tight rehearsal deadlines.
- Working on your personal development skills to ensure your full potential is utilised. This will be explored through body language and appearance on screen.
- Advice on how to choose suitable material for potential TV auditions and “understanding your casting” by working through character breakdowns and creating a character from provided text.
- Having a clear understanding of basic filming terminology.
- You will get the chance to meet various TV and film actors who will be able to share some of their top tips!
- Students will focus on script work from popular drama and comedy work.
- Learning how to remember lines and work with other actors effectively and also trying to find the most effective way of using your voice and body.
- You will have the chance to watch back your recordings and learn how to critique your work to improve it along the way.
- You will leave with key improvisational skills so that you will be able to deal with any quick scenario you may be faced with.
- At the end of the course, students leave with a certificate of attendance from Stage and the City in “An introduction to Screen Acting”.
Teacher: Harveen Mann
Harveen trained at The Royal Academy of Music, London. Since graduating Harveen has played lead roles in a number of productions including Pinky, Mrs Chopra, Auntie and Understudy Mum in Bend it like Beckham (West End) Sylvia Morgan in Privates On Parade (Theatre Royal, Brighton), Sudha in The Thing About Tom directed by Stuart Wood, and Shilpa Shetty in Election Idol, A Bride in Ringside (Birmingham Repertory Theatre) and Wendy in Poise The Musical. She recently finished on a musical adaptation of Roald Dahl’s The Witches directed by Nikolai Foster at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. UK Tours include Britains Got Bhangra and Arrange That Marriage.
Film and TV credits include work on Doctors (Ambur Chahan) Brit Asia (presenter), The Discovery Channel (driver), Dispatches (featured artist) and BBC’s Lee Nelsons Well Good Show (mother to be). She is also the face of ‘Dulux India’ for the Diwali Seasonal Range.
Course Fees & Dates:
MONDAYS @ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
23rd April – 9th July 2018 (No class on 7th May or 28th May – 10 weeks)
Next course starts 17th September – 10th December
Register your interest here
Get a 20% early bird discount if you reserve your place before the 1st August. (You just need to pay the £29.90 deposit to guarantee your place and get discount) Use code STAGE20 at the checkout.
Full fees will need to be paid by 16th September unless an instalment policy is agreed in advance. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
PQA Studios London, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross London, N1 9JY