Screen Acting Classes
Our Introduction to Screen Acting Course is intricately designed for anyone who wishes to unlock their acting potential either for self-development or to explore basic training within the TV and film industry.
Over the 12 weeks, learn how to establish and develop your core acting skills, which will enable you to work on TV scripts from current TV shows and bring them to life on screen.
- Learning how to conduct yourself professionally in castings with TV and film casting directors.
- Understanding screen rehearsal techniques to get the most out of tight rehearsal deadlines.
- Working on your personal development skills to ensure your full potential is utilised. This will be explored though body language and appearance on screen.
- Advice on how to choose suitable material for potential TV auditions and “understanding your casting” by working through character breakdowns and creating a character from provided text.
- Having a clear understanding of basic filming terminology.
- You will get the chance to meet various TV and film actors who will be able share some of their top tips!
- Students will focus on script work from popular drama and comedy work and learning how to remember lines and work with other actors effectively and also trying to find the most effective way of using your voice and body.
- At the end of the course, students leave with a certificate of attendance from Stage and the City in “An introduction to Screen Acting”.
Teacher: Harveen Mann
Harveen trained at The Royal Academy of Music, London. Since graduating Harveen has played lead roles in a number of productions including Pinky, Mrs Chopra, Auntie and Understudy Mum in Bend it like Beckham (West End) Sylvia Morgan in Privates On Parade (Theatre Royal, Brighton), Sudha in The Thing About Tom directed by Stuart Wood, and Shilpa Shetty in Election Idol, A Bride in Ringside (Birmingham Repertory Theatre) and Wendy in Poise The Musical. She recently finished on a musical adaptation of Roald Dahl’s The Witches directed by Nikolai Foster at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. UK Tours include Britains Got Bhangra and Arrange That Marriage.
Film and TV credits include work on Doctors (Ambur Chahan) Brit Asia (presenter), The Discovery Channel (driver), Dispaches (featured artist) and BBC’s Lee Nelsons Well Good Show (mother to be). She is also the face of ‘Dulux India’ for the Diwali Seasonal Range.
Course Fees & Dates:
MONDAYS @ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
23rd April – 9th July 2018 (No class on 7th May or 28th May – 10 weeks)
Full fees must be paid before the course starts unless an instalment policy has been agreed to. A 20% deposit secures your place, full fees are due on the 20th of April.
PQA Studios London, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross London, N1 9JY