Acting for Beginners Classes
Get a 20% early bird discount if you use the code EB20 by the 15th of December!
During our acting classes, you will build up a tool-kit of performance skills enabling you to unlock character, help spontaneity and free your inner performer from inhibition. We strongly believe in the value acting classes provide for improving self-confidence and life skills.
On a Thursday evening we run two courses that complement each other:
Improvising / Devising followed by Scene Study.
During the Improvising / Devising classes we explore the instant and primal medium of improvisation. Learn to think and create on the fly, build your confidence and hone your story telling skills.
In the later class, Scene Study, we delve into the elements which make characters from a script work. We’ll follow a script from page to stage or screen and find out what it takes to bring it to life.
Improvisation / Devising (6.30pm – 7.45pm)
- Group activities, drama games and improvisation
- Development of personal confidence, imagination and creativity
- Freeing inhibitions
- Listening and responding
- Offering and accepting
- Story-telling and Scene creation
- Character formation and interaction
Scene Study (8pm – 9.15pm)
- Group activities and drama games
- Explore a variety of scripts from different theatre and film genres
- Develop characters based on the information in the scripts
- Explore Emotional memory
- Perform scripted scenes on stage and in front of the camera