Acting for Beginners Classes
10% discount for new students with code: NEW10
Uncertain about booking the full course? Come and try a taster class for only £5! Details Here
During our acting classes, you will build up a tool-kit of performance skills enabling you to unlock character, help spontaneity and free your inner performer from inhibition. We strongly believe in the value acting classes provide for improving self-confidence and life skills.
On a Thursday evening we run two courses that complement each other:
Improvisation/Devising followed by Working with Scripts
During the Improvising / Devising classes we explore the instant and primal medium of improvisation. Learn to think and create on the fly, build your confidence and hone your story telling skills.
In the later class, Scene Study, we delve into the elements which make characters from a script work. We’ll follow a script from page to stage or screen and find out what it takes to bring it to life.
Improvisation / Devising (6.30pm – 7.45pm)
- Group activities, drama games and improvisation
- Development of personal confidence, imagination and creativity
- Freeing inhibitions
- Listening and responding
- Offering and accepting
- Story-telling and Scene creation
- Character formation and interaction
Working with Scripts (8pm – 9.15pm)
- Group activities and drama games
- Explore a variety of scripts from different theatre and film genres
- Develop characters based on the information in the scripts
- Explore Emotional memory
- Perform scripted scenes on stage and in front of the camera
Each course is £195 but you can do both courses for just £234.
To add both courses to your basket go to Book Now. Add Acting for Beginners – Script Work then go to SCHEDULE at the top of the page and scroll down until you find the Improv Acting course and add this to your basket.