Perform your own Character Creation
Only 14 Places! Click here to see our brochure
Devise, write and perform your own character monologue. This could be the starting point for devising your own one-person show!
Are you a fan of Catherine Tate? Perhaps you marvelled at the character creations in BBC’s Inside No 9? In this excitingly unique, brand-new Zoom course, you will learn exactly how to build relatable, believable characters and get in their skin. If you’ve been burning to create and dreamt of one day materialising your own character then this is the place to be!
Students will create their very own monologues, understand self-tapes and how to create character and find their voice from the ground up, there’s even a ‘Best Character Monologue’ competition at the end!
We will rehearse scenes in a mixture of class and small group video-calls over the following weeks during class times. There will be some additional non live video tutorials and handouts to help with regular writing, vocal and improvisation exercises, and another video tutorial for self-tape recording.
- Improvisation to devise a character and script.
- Time-limited writing exercises to get the imagination working
- Objectives for a character – for performance and how they might drive the narrative
- Given circumstances and how it affects dialogue and performance
- Scratch performance and recording of monologues
- Entrance of self taped monologue into the SATC competition for Best Character Monologue.
The workshops will take place on Zoom between the class hours of 7pm until 9pm on Thursdays 11th June – 16th July. There will be an extended final session for the recording of footage. By the end of the 6 weeks, students will have written and rehearsed a monologue of between 3 and 5 minutes which will be performed in class and self taped by students to be submitted into a SATC competition.
ALL profits from this course will go towards Saving the Anna Fiorentini Kids Charity Theatre School.