Acting for Confidence
21st September - 23rd November (10 weeks)
£180 or £144 with Early Bird discount (ends 7th September)
Attila trained at the City Lit in London and went on to perform on the fringe in London and Edinburgh. He had parts on TV for the BBC and Channel 4 as well as extra work for a number of films. Having returned to university to study counselling, his aim is to use the skills he learned as an actor on stage and in classes to help others develop the abilities needed to build their confidence. Attila is also one of the LAMDA tutors at the award-winning Anna Fiorentini Theatre & Film School.
The Courtyard Theatre, 40 Pitfield St, London N1 6EU
10 Week Course – Only 12 places!
Does public speaking give you the chills? Do you dread giving presentations? Are you happier to walk away rather than risk conflict? Do you dislike going to social events for fear of standing in the corner like a lemon?
If you can see yourself in the paragraph above, then we can help. Acting has helped countless souls improve their confidence, find their inner voice and enhance their life skills.
Building confidence through acting is all about making you feel comfortable in your own skin. During the course we’ll help you challenge yourself and build techniques to tackle even the most fraught situations.
• Learning awareness of your body language through movement exercises
• Techniques to steady breathing and root your voice
• Learn what it means to be ‘on support’ and develop a strong, confident voice
• Learn how to steady nerves and perform individually and within a supportive group
• Voice, Acting and Movement techniques to encourage confidence and lose inhibitions
• Use your voice and body with authority
• Learn not to ‘censor’ yourself and find confidence in your own ideas
Stage & the City will be hosting four Acting for Beginners courses throughout the winter term, each concentrating on a specific theme so our students can choose to do just one, two, three or all four courses.
This course will take place on Mondays 8pm – 9.15pm, 21st September – 23rd November. ALL profits from this course will go towards Saving the Anna Fiorentini Kids Charity Theatre School.