Acting for Confidence
21st September - 23rd November (10 weeks)
£180 or £153 with 15% discount (Book Period Drama along with this course and receive an extra 10% just enter code ACPD at checkout) Fees can be split in to two installments if required please email email@example.com
Attila trained at the City Lit in London and went on to perform on the fringe in London and Edinburgh. He had parts on TV for the BBC and Channel 4 as well as extra work for a number of films. Having returned to university to study counselling, his aim is to use the skills he learned as an actor on stage and in classes to help others develop the abilities needed to build their confidence. Attila is also one of the LAMDA tutors at the award-winning Anna Fiorentini Theatre & Film School.
The Courtyard Theatre, 40 Pitfield St, London N1 6EU
15% Discount with September Saver. Use Code 15OFF at Checkout.
Only 12 places due to social distancing.
Enjoy being with people within a Covid Secure and fully risk assessed environment which adheres to current government guidelines!
If any classes have to be cancelled due to COVID-19 you will get a refund for all classes unable to be delivered.
Does public speaking give you the chills? Do you dread giving presentations? Are you happier to walk away rather than risk conflict? Do you dislike going to social events for fear of standing in the corner like a lemon?
If you can see yourself in the paragraph above, then we can help. Acting has helped countless souls improve their confidence, find their inner voice and enhance their life skills.
Building confidence through acting is all about making you feel comfortable in your own skin. During the course we’ll help you challenge yourself and build techniques to tackle even the most fraught situations.
• Learning awareness of your body language through movement exercises
• Techniques to steady breathing and root your voice
• Learn what it means to be ‘on support’ and develop a strong, confident voice
• Learn how to steady nerves and perform individually and within a supportive group
• Voice, Acting and Movement techniques to encourage confidence and lose inhibitions
• Use your voice and body with authority
• Learn not to ‘censor’ yourself and find confidence in your own ideas
Sign up to our Period Drama themed course which also takes place on Monday evenings and get an extra 10% discount on top of the Early Bird discount.
Stage & the City will be hosting four Acting for Beginners courses throughout the winter term, each concentrating on a specific theme so our students can choose to do just one, two, three or all four courses.
• Period Drama – Mondays 6.30pm
• Acting for Confidence – Mondays 8pm (Sign up for Period Drama on the same evening as well and get an extra 10% discount on top of the 20% Early Bird discount. Just quote ACPD at checkout).
• Acting for Confidence Tuesdays – Tuesdays 6.30pm (Sign up for Secret Agents on the same evening as well and get an extra 10% discount on top of the 20% Early Bird discount. Just quote CAPS at checkout.
• Secret Agents – Tuesdays 8pm
We also have a Acting for Beginners course and a TV / Film Acting course; both of which are suitable for beginners. And for those with a little experience already we have two Acting for Improvers courses, (Moral Dilemmas and Performing Your Shadow) as well as an Acting Company that is currently seeking new members.
We know there is a lot to choose from. If you are a beginner any of the Acting for Beginners courses will be suitable. You just need to decide the day / time that suits you best. And of course, if you really cannot decide, feel free to e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for somebody to give you a call and chat through the various options.
This course will take place on Mondays 8pm – 9.15pm, 21st September – 23rd November. ALL profits from this course will go towards Saving the Anna Fiorentini Kids Charity Theatre School.