Acting for Improvers
Get 20% off with our Early Bird discount. Use code: EB20 (Valid until 25 March 2020)
Our Acting for Improvers course is about building an ensemble of weekly members who want to learn the skills required to make bold informed choices and create distinct characters working through scenes from current and necessary plays. We will unpick what makes ‘great acting’ and practically work through some of the fundamental elements of Stanislavski’s process alongside Katie Mitchell’s checklist in order to get skilled up on what works for you.
We will be building the performers process and demystifying the art of acting in order to give beginners the toolkit required in order to be able to tackle characters and scripts.
We will be working on building confidence and becoming more aware and skilled performers.
Each student will work on two monologues, one for stage and the other for screen.
- Movement and voice training
- Stanislavski techniques including emotional recall
- Character development
- A tool kit of performance skills enabling you to free your inner performer from inhibitions
- Stagecraft skills
- Vocal and physical acting techniques relevant to screen acting as opposed to stage acting
- Development of personal confidence, imagination and creativity