Do you want to know how to execute an audition perfectly? We’ve listed the do’s and don’ts for audition etiquette, to make sure you know how to nail it the next time you step into an audition room!
- Have great communication skills. Respond to all agency communication with urgency.
- Arrive at the audition early!
- During the audition keep your phone on silent.
- Be professional at all times. And most importantly, be friendly and approachable.
- Remember the name of the casting director and repeat their name back when being introduced. This shows that you’re a good listener.
- Keep your audience engaged at all times during the audition.
- If you are directed, take the direction without hesitation.
- Just be yourself and let your personality shine through!
- Never argue or argue with casting directors. Always do what you’re asked. You’re there to please them!
- If you’re nervous, don’t let it show. The directors want to see confident performers.
- Don’t post any details about the role on social media unless you have permission to do so.
- Never ask the casting director for feedback. Feedback comes from acting classes, not auditions.
- Leave once your audition is over. Don’t overstay your welcome.
- If you don’t get the role, don’t contact the casting director to ask why you didn’t get the job.
- Don’t be disruptive during someone else’s audition.
- Don’t use offensive language.