Acting for Beginners / Confidence Classes
6.30 pm – 7.45 pm (Acting for Beginners)
8 pm – 9.15 pm (Acting for Confidence)
6.30 pm – 7.45 pm (Acting for Confidence)
8 pm – 9.15 pm (Acting for Beginners)
16th September – 2nd December 2019 (12 weeks)
17th September – 3rd December (12 weeks)
Have you ever wanted to act? Do you find yourself watching your favourite movie over and over and wondering what it would be like to play that part?
Anyone who has ever acted will tell you, there is no greater feeling than taking to the stage in a persona wholly of your own. There is nothing as rewarding as holding the audiences’ hearts in your hand and feeling their collective pulse quicken as the drama unfolds. There is nothing like acting and no better time to try it than now.
Acting for Beginners
This introductory course is designed for those looking for an accessible, yet professional route to the stage and screen. The course is suitable for novices and anyone looking to refresh what they may already know. Our tutors pride themselves on a fun, tailored programme which focuses on respected techniques to improve your acting, voice and movement.
- How to play the given circumstances
- Playing objectives
- Sight reading techniques
- Interpreting scripts
- Stanislavski techniques to build a character
- Techniques to build confidence creatively
- Opportunity to devise your own content
- Work on scenes from published plays
We also run a sister course designed to use acting as a tool to improve your real-life communication skills whilst developing your overall confidence.
Acting for Confidence Building
Does public speaking give you the chills? Do you dread giving presentations? Are you happier to walk away rather than risk conflict? Do you dislike going to social events for fear of standing in the corner like a lemon?
If you can see yourself in the paragraph above, then we can help. Acting has helped countless souls improve their confidence, find their inner voice and enhance their life skills.
Building confidence through acting is all about making you feel comfortable in your own skin. During the course we’ll help you challenge yourself and build techniques to tackle even the most fraught situations.
The course covers some of the same topics as an introduction to acting, but the methods and practice are very different. This is because we find many students benefit from both courses. Both courses happen on the same evening and we discovered a lot of students prefer to take both classes.
- Learning awareness of your body language through movement exercises
- Techniques to steady breathing and root your voice
- Learn what it means to be ‘on support’ and develop a strong, confident voice
- Learn how to steady nerves and perform individually and within a supportive group
- Voice, Acting and Movement techniques to encourage confidence and lose inhibitions
- Use your voice and body with authority
- Learn not to ‘censor’ yourself and find confidence in your own ideas
Why not make an evening of it? Book now and get a 40% discount by opting for both classes? Remember, it’s the same teacher, same venue, same supportive atmosphere!