Acting for Beginners Classes
15% Early Bird Discount if deposit paid by 1st April. Use Code STAGE15.
Get a full refund if you do not enjoy the first class, (just let us know by 1pm the next day).
Our Acting for Beginners classes are great for boosting confidence, developing presentation skills and expanding your social life. Whether you just wish to use these classes to engage in a much-loved hobby or whether you wish to use them as a stepping stone to pursuing acting more seriously in the future these beginners acting classes will have something to offer everybody.
The way that our Monday evening classes have been structured is so that you can either choose to do the 6.30pm – 7.45pm course or the 8 pm– 9.15 pm. Alternatively, you may decide to do both sessions as they will both focus on different aspects. There is a 40% Discount if you sign up for both sessions.
Acting for Beginners (6.30 PM – 7.45 PM)
During our summer term, we will cover all the basics of acting using the umbrella categories – Acting, Voice and movement.
- Naturalism techniques to feel comfortable acting as individuals and as part of an ensemble
- Working with industry scripts
- Learn sight reading techniques
- Work with Stanislavski techniques to build characters
- Build confidence creatively
- Learn Laban techniques within movement
- Dialect, accent and phonetic methods within voice
- Understand and use Method Acting and emotion recall to bring truth to characters
- Devise your own content
This course is specifically catered for those wanting a professional yet accessible route into acting, for those wanting to brush up their skills and those wanting a refresher course as well as absolute beginners.
Acting for Confidence Building (8 PM – 9.15 PM)
Dreading a presentation at work? Public speaking gives you the chills? Feel nervous about going to a party full of strangers? Then this is the course for you!
This course is all about making you feel comfortable in your own skin, be challenged to get ‘out of your head’ and into your body. You will learn:
- Techniques to steady breathing and root your voice
- Learn what it means to be ‘on support’ and develop a strong, confident voice
- Learn how to steady nerves and perform individually and within a supportive group
- Voice, Acting and Movement techniques to encourage confidence and lose inhibitions
- Use your voice and body with authority
- Learn not to ‘censor’ yourself and find confidence in your own ideas
As in the 6.30pm class, we will also cover the umbrella categories – Acting, Movement and Voice but different exercises will be explored so that students who sign up for both sessions won’t be repeating anything from the first session.
Teacher: Maddy Anholt
Maddy trained at ALRA (The Academy of Live and Recorded Arts) and had her first one-woman comedy show produced by The Canal Cafe Theatre. Following this she had a sell-out run at the Gilded Balloon, Edinburgh Festival Fringe and at the Soho Theatre, London. Her new comedy pilot for BBC Radio 4 is released in December 2017. She has filmed with Warner Bros, Channel 5 and Sky.
Course Fees & Dates:
MONDAYS @ 6.30pm – 7.45pm or 8pm – 9.15pm
14th January – 1st April (12 weeks)
29th April – 22nd July (11 weeks no classes on 6th or 27th May)
Register your interest here (add email@example.com to your address book so that e-mails do not go to junk mail)
To secure a 15% Early Bird discount you must pay the small 10% deposit by 1st April and use Code STAGE15. Full fees need to be paid by 23rd April. Please note that if fees are not paid by this deadline you may lose your place and deposit. In exceptional circumstances, you can pay in instalments. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if needed.
PQA Studios, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross London, N1 9JY
Sign up for both sessions and there will be a 40% Discount making the cost £214.50