Commerical Dance Company
15% Discount with September Saver. Use Code 15OFF at Checkout.
Only 12 places due to social distancing.
Enjoy being with people within a Covid Secure and fully risk assessed environment which adheres to current government guidelines!
If any classes have to be cancelled due to COVID-19 you will get a refund for all classes unable to be delivered.
The Stage and the City Commercial Dance Company is a non-professional adult troupe. This brand new company will be one of our resident, elite companies that will rehearse weekly and polish choreographed commercial dance numbers for fun and exciting showcases, flashmobs, performances and public-facing entertainment.
You will be led by the highly talented Abi Bulman, who is a professional dancer, trained at Italia Conti and amongst her accolades she has worked as a backing dancer for the likes of Paula Abdul, Fleur East and Craig David.
Abi will be leading you with her unique, eclectic style. Her mission is to share the joy of dancing and make the art form feel inclusive and accessible.
Commercial dance is made up of different styles including jazz, hip hop, whacking, voguing, heels and street dance. If you love pop, hip hop and RnB music this could be the troupe for you!
You will need to have some previous dance experience and feel comfortable picking up choreography. During the course you’ll develop your dance and performing skills while learning routines for competitions, showcases and any other potential opportunities that may arise. Routines will be videoed as part of developing the repertoire.
To be awarded a place in the company please e-mail email@example.com to arrange to come along to a taster class which will act as your “audition workshop”. The next workshop will be taking place on 13th October followed by 20th October.
Previous achievements of our previous Dance Company:
- Stage & the City Showcases (Toynbee Hall, Stratford East, Hackney Empire)
- Destination Dance Competition (London & Barcelona) – 1st Place Winners – 2015/16/18/19
- Starpower Dance Competition (London) – 1st Place Winners – 2016
- Performance at London Business Awards 2016
- Corporate performances at various establishments around London including “Temple”, “The Brewery” and “Grange City Hotel”.
- Learn challenging, unique choreography
- Advance your rhythm and musicality
- Explore the different commercial dance styles
- Train your flexibility, coordination and general fitness levels
- Gain experience by performing publicly
- Develop and boost your confidence through the joy of dancing
Let’s face it, life is better when you dance. Dance makes you smile and happiness is the key to positivity. Positivity will help you overcome anything and isn’t that what is needed right now? If dance for you is a challenge, then have the confidence to take that challenge and join our Commercial Dance Company.
The 10 week course will take place 8pm – 9.15pm, Tuesdays 22nd September – 24th November. ALL profits from this course will go towards keeping the Dance Company sustainable for future events.