Commercial Dance Classes
6 Week Online Zoom Course – Only 12 Places! Click here to see our brochure
Before Lockdown, the originally planned Commercial Dance course was going to rehearse routines that could be performed at our 5th Anniversary showcase. This showcase has obviously now been put on hold but as soon as it can be rescheduled our Commercial Dance students will have the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience.
This forthcoming online course is a stand alone course and anybody in the UK can participate, so no worries if you can’t join us face to face once we are allowed back into venues. But if you do sign up for this course you will be well prepared for our show rehearsals once they start, (hopefully in September).
Commercial dance is the style of choreography you will see in concerts, live shows, music videos and TV adverts. It’s a combination of different styles including Jazz, Street, Hip Hop, Latin and of course a little Diva thrown in the mix.
During this Commercial dance online course you will have lots of fun working alongside Stage & the City’s creative director, Mark Short, and creating and performing routines. You will be taught styles including Vogue, Diva, Heels as well as Street Jazz. Mark has choreographed artists including Tina Turner, Peter Andre and Ant & Dec.
The level of the course is generic and almost anybody can join in. And of course the routines will take into consideration that most people will have limited space in their living rooms!
Throughout the course you will develop confidence in your own movement and work on improving your ability and fitness for both fun and pleasure. Dancing with your feet is one thing, dancing with your heart is another.
- Learn how to properly warm up, stretch & cool down
- Develop coordination and musicality
- Learn short choreographed routines & dance techniques including kicks, turns, travelling steps & rhythms.
- A break down of steps and an understanding of dance terminology
- Student questions, answers & feedback
- An opportunity to film yourselves dancing a routine and create a montage with fellow students, (this is not compulsory but a lovely keepsake opportunity should you wish to take it).
This 6 week course will take place via Zoom 7pm – 8pm, Tuesday 9th June – 14th July. ALL profits from this course will go towards Saving the Anna Fiorentini Charity Kids Theatre School.