Contemporary Dance Company
24th September-26th November (10 weeks)
£182 or £154.70 with 15% discount Fees can be split in to two installments if required please email email@example.com
YMCA at One KX, WC1H 8BS
Jen started dancing, performing, teaching and choreographing from a very early age in styles such as jazz, street, tap and musical theatre. As an adult, Jen then went on to consolidate her training in contemporary, ballet and contemporary jazz at the prestigious Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. She has trained and worked with artists such as Rachel Lopez de Nieta, Rosemary Brandt, Hagit Yakira, Rosangela Silvestre and Tim Casson. Credits include T Mobile, BBC 2, Sadlers Wells, Richmix Festival, The Natural History Museum, plus many other dance festivals, theatre performances and private events across London.
15% Discount with September Saver. Use Code 15OFF at Checkout.
Only 12 places!
Due to social distancing we have reduced all our class sizes. If any classes have to be cancelled due to COVID-19 you will get a refund for all classes unable to be delivered.
Our new Contemporary Dance Company will be one of Stage & the City’s elite resident dance companies. The Company will perform in showcases, performances, private and public bookings and more, with weekly rehearsals in its beautiful Kings Cross dance studios.
Dancers in the company will be taught intensive, challenging but enjoyable choreography. The company very much has a ‘family’ feel so you will be building confidence and making new friends at the same time!
Aside from weekly rehearsals, the extra-curricular performances, bookings etc will not be compulsory, although we encourage Company members to take part in as many as possible.
- Learn challenging, unique and intensive contemporary choreography
- Advance your rhythm and musicality
- Work on your personal styling and build your brand as a contemporary dancer
- Explore your own body’s flexibility, coordination, freedom and efficiency of movement to a diverse range of music
- Develop foundational dance techniques
- Boost your confidence by performing publicly in showcases etc
To gain a coveted place within our resident Contemporary Dance Company you can either:
- email us a self tape performing one dance piece to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Contemporary Dance Company Audition’, along with a few sentences about your dance experience. Please do not worry about the quality of the video, filmed on a phone in a living room or park is great.
- If you are unable to send in an audition tape we are holding an open audition on the first evening of this class for £5 (non refundable) but due to social distancing you need to book your place rather than just turn up. Please click here to book your place for the audition
Our Contemporary Dance Company is all about high-level, challenging training so your choreography does not need to be perfect. We are looking for potential and willingness to learn.
This course will take place on Thursdays 8pm – 9pm, 24th September – 26th November. ALL profits from this course will go towards Saving the Anna Fiorentini Kids Charity Theatre School.