Privacy Notice & Cookies Policy
Here at Stage & the City we take your privacy seriously. We will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the services you have requested from us. We will never share your information with other organisations without your consent, and will only contact you with marketing offers that you’ve agreed to. In this Privacy Notice & Cookies Policy you can find out more about what kinds of personal information we collect and how we use it, as well as what your rights are when it comes to accessing your data.
Types of data we collect
What do our cookies do?
- Visitor statistics cookies: we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to tailor which adverts you see when visiting our website, and to measure the performance of these adverts.
- Remarketing cookies: you may notice that, sometimes after visiting a website, you see increased numbers of adverts from that site. This is because advertisers, including us, pay for these adverts. This is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so-called ‘remarketing cookie’ during your visit. We use these adverts to advertise taster days and events, to encourage you to come back to our website.
What do our cookies not do?
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
How do I disable cookies?
Enrolment and Enquiries
We collect personal information as part of the registering process when you sign up for a course. This data is collected through a third-party provider, Book When. We only use this data to administer your account and provide you with the services you’ve requested from us. We don’t rent or trade your personal data with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our weekly newsletter to current students who have opted-in to receive emails from us. This contains important information regarding courses, events and workshops. However, you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. The weekly newsletter may also contain relevant student offers and opportunities from third parties. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
We collect personal information to be able to offer you work. We will not use it for any other purpose. We will only share selected data with the recruitment agency you came through, if applicable.
Marketing Mailing Lists
We collect personal information as part of the sign-up process for our mailing lists. We only use those data so that we can send you the information you’ve requested from us. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com
We share some information with our sister organisations: our children’s school, the Anna Fiorentini Theatre & Film School; and our charitable arm, the Fiorentini Foundation. We will only share your name and contact details with the Anna Fiorentini Theatre & Film School & the Fiorentini Foundation if you’ve consented to us doing so.
Our website is hosted by a third-party provider, Fast2Host. Fast2Host does not collect any data that could be used to identify visitors to our website.
How we keep your information secure
Stage & the City has procedures in place to keep your personal information secure, including technical security measures. Within our organisation, data is only shared on a need to know basis. We don’t keep any personal data for any longer than required by law and needed for operational purposes, for example to be able to collect outstanding fees.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold, or object to processing of this information. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be reviewed annually. The last time this policy was reviewed was in May 2018.