Musical Theatre Troupe
Self-tape auditions are currently be accepted. Please see below for details.
Stage & the City’s New Musical Theatre Troupe! Only 2 places left!
Only 12 places due to social distancing.
Enjoy being with people within a Covid Secure and fully risk assessed environment which adheres to current government guidelines!
If any classes have to be cancelled due to COVID-19 you will get a refund for all classes unable to be delivered.
Instead of concentrating on putting together one large show a year, our troupe produces a variety of musical theatre numbers from a wide selection of shows, with a wide variety of options for performances including competitions and special events as well as the annual Stage & the City Charity Showcase and its own dedicated Musial Theatre Troupe Showcase.
- Each troupe member, with the help of our directors, choose a character and a scene from a musical they have always wanted to play.
- During rehearsals they will be directed in this scene which will include some scripted work as well as the actual musical number itself.
- If appropriate the other members of the troupe will form the other characters that are needed for these scenes.
- This means all members will have their own big number that they are the “lead” in and the opportunity to play a wide range of other characters in the other scenes that their fellow members are working on.
- Some members may prefer to work on duets or chorus numbers rather than sing solo and that is absolutely fine as well.
- Movement and dance will also be rehearsed as well as the singing aspect of each number.
- Over time and depending on the commitment of each individual everybody will have the opportunity to work on further scenes that they can be lead in.
- Our troupe rehearsals take into consideration the fact that most adults have busy lives but also gives the opportunity to be really pushed if your time allows.
- Our performers get to play a wide range of characters in a variety of musical theatre styles ranging from cabaret through to contemporary pop musicals. They are not restricted to one musical style.
Our next Musical Theatre Company showcase will be taking place at the Tower Theatre on 16th and 17th April 2021.
To join our Musical Theatre Company you need to have completed our Musical Theatre Beginners Course or a similar course elsewhere. Please send a self-tape of yourself singing two contrasting musical theatre songs, (for example one traditional musical and one pop music); a verse and chorus from each. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14th September 2pm. If you have already worked with Jack or Harveen you may not need to send in a self-tape; just e-mail before Monday to express your interest.