Acting for TV/Film – Sci-Fi Fantastical
29th July-2nd September (6 weeks)
Online Via Zoom Platform
Since graduating from a drama degree from Queen’s University Belfast, Shaun has worked as a professional actor in Ireland and the UK for eleven years in a career spanning theatre, film, television and radio. Shaun is a deviser and collaborator in front of and behind camera. In 2015 he co-created crime-drama series Farr, with writer/director Aidan Largey, which premiered on the international RTE player. To date Farr has won five international awards from major web-pilot festivals in Europe and America, including Best Drama at Series fest Colorado and ITV fest Denvir, and two Best Actor awards for Shaun’s performance of the character Michael Gallagher. Farr is currently in development for a major series release. Shaun is a writer and director. His short film Trespasses was awarded funding from Northern Ireland Screen and later premiered at the Belfast film festival.Television credits include Farr (RTE), Game of Thrones (HBO), The Frankenstein Chronicles (ITVencore), The Lodge (The Disney Channel), Betrayal of Trust (BBCNI) and Dani’s Castle (CBBC). Film credits include Halo:Nightfall (Scottfree), The Butchering (What’s Next films), Made in Belfast (KGB), The Monday Club (Stay Beautiful), One New Friend (Derry Playhouse), Empire State (Fortune and Glory), Two little boys (NI Screen), Waiting Game (What’s Next), Same Again (Fortune and Glory), and Time and Again (NI Screen). Most recently he has been performing the UK premiere of Ana Nogueira’s Empathitrax at the Karamel Club, London and performing the lead role in Tinderbox theatre company’s The Man who fell to Pieces in The MAC, Belfast.
6 Week Course – Only 12 places!
Game of Thrones addict? Blade Runner devotee? Fancy a fantastical foray into Sci-Fi?
Travel deep into the world of fantasy, space and surreality in this brand new 6-week Zoom course. Immerse yourself in a whole new world of escapism as you leapfrog generations. Run by Shaun Blaney who appeared in Game of Thrones, this is your chance to find your fantastical!
• Learn the fundamentals of screen acting; naturalistic performance, sight-lines, finding your mark, on camera performance techniques
• Engage in exercises specially designed to ‘free’ the actor for performance
• Learn how to prepare a scene; getting off book quickly, making strong character decisions, understanding story structure and completing a scene.
• The art of acting as reacting; listening and engaging with your scene partner
• Rehearse and deliver a performance with your scene partner and receive feedback.
• A fun, no-stress approach to acting on screen. It’s all about enjoyment. Find your inner actor and make new friends.
This course will take place on Wednesdays 7pm – 9pm – 29th July- 2nd September. ALL profits from this course will go towards Saving the Anna Fiorentini Kids Charity Theatre School.