Screen Acting Classes
20% Early Bird discount if deposit paid by 1st April. Use code STAGE20.
New students get a full refund if you don’t enjoy the first class, (just let us know by 1pm the next day).
Do you fancy being the next Nicole Kidman or Leo DiCaprio? Perhaps you can see yourself on the red carpet or starring in a Hollywood blockbuster? Of course, we all know you need more than 2 hours of training a week to achieve dreams such as this but our Screen Acting course could be a stepping stone in the right direction.
Our Screen Acting Course is intricately designed for anyone who wishes to unlock their acting potential either for self-development or to explore an exciting, dynamic and creative introduction to the TV and film industry.
Over the weeks, learn how to establish and develop your core acting skills, which will enable you to work on TV scripts from current TV shows and bring them to life on screen.
This course will suit newcomers to the profession as well as those that wish to explore their inner performer.
This course nicely compliments the Comedy screen Acting course which takes place on Wednesdays. Sign up to both and get a 40% discount. Please e-mail email@example.com if you wish to have a place on both courses.
- Understand the difference between stage and screen acting.
- Learn how to conduct yourself professionally in castings with TV and film casting directors.
- Understand the screen rehearsal techniques to get the most out of tight rehearsal deadlines.
- Learn how to choose suitable material for potential TV auditions and “understanding your casting”; working through character breakdowns and creating a character from provided text.
- Develop a clear understanding of basic filming terminology.
- Focus on script work from popular drama and comedy work.
- Learn how to remember lines and work with other actors effectively.
- Find the most effective way of using your voice and body.
- Watch back your recordings and learn how to critique your work to improve it along the way.
- Leave with key improvisational skills so that you will be able to deal with any quick scenario you may be faced with.
Teacher: Pernilla Holland
Pernilla trained at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. Film and TV credits include Not Going Out (BBC), Board Exam, (dir:Akaash Meeda), Ashild Stay (dir: Rosa Taslimi in association with the BAFTA short-film festival). Theatre credits include War Horse (National Theatre), The Last March (Southwark Playhouse), A Pocketful of Grimms (Winner of Three Weeks Editorial Choice Award at the Edinburgh Fringe) and News Review (Canal Cafe).
Pernilla has also delivered Screen Acting masterclasses at the prestigious Central School of Speech and Drama.
Course Fees & Dates:
MONDAYS @ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
14th January – 1st April (12 weeks)
29th April – 15th July (10 weeks – no classes on 6th or 27th May)
Register your interest here (add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so that e-mails do not go to junk mail)
To secure a 20% Early Bird discount, just pay the small deposit by 1st April and use Code STAGE20. Full fees need to be paid by 23rd April. Please note that if fees are not paid by this deadline you may lose your place and deposit. In exceptional circumstances, you can pay in instalments. Please e-mail email@example.com if required.
PQA Studios London, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross London, N1 9JY