Screen Acting for Sitcom & Soap Operas
Only 12 places available
In this brand new 6 week course led by Shaun Blaney, you will focus on techniques to give a truthful performance in front of the camera.
You will write the basis of your own sitcom or soap opera and see footage of yourself performing your work. This course is catered to absolute beginners who want to build their confidence, make new friends, try something new and have fun!
- Vocal and physical acting techniques
- Improv comedy catered to learn interaction and reaction
- Learn techniques to feel natural and confident in front of the camera
- Learn how to pitch your ideas to television, film and radio
- Learn how to write scripts and sketches and get them made
- Gain techniques to learn lines effectively
- Improve your confidence to perform live and recorded scripts
- Table read your own and new industry comedy and soap opera scripts
- Learn what self-tapes are and film your own
This course naturally follows the Screen Acting for Beginners course taking place Wednesday 1st May – 5th June (click here). If you sign up to both there is a 20% discount. However, it is not necessary to have completed the beginners screen acting course if you only wish to do this one.
Teacher: Shaun Blaney
Shaun has worked as a professional actor for eleven years in a career spanning theatre, film, television and radio. In 2015 he co-created crime-drama series Farr, with writer/director Aidan Largey, which premiered on the international RTE player. To date, Farr has won five international awards from major web-pilot festivals in Europe and America, including Best Drama at Seriesfest Colorado andITVfest Denver, and two Best Actor awards for Shaun’s performance of the character Michael Gallagher. Farr is currently in development for a major series release. Other television credits include Game of Thrones (HBO), The Frankenstein Chronicles (ITVencore), The Lodge(The Disney Channel), Betrayal of Trust (BBCNI), and Dani’s Castle (CBBC). Film credits include Halo: Nightfall (Scottfree), The Butchering (What’s Next films) and Made in Belfast (KGB) to name but a few.
Course Fees & Dates:
WEDNESDAYS @ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
12th June – 17th July (6 weeks)
Register your interest here (add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so that e-mails do not go to junk mail)
PQA Studios, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross London, N1 9JY