Screen Acting for Beginners Classes
Please note, there are still places on this course. If you are unable to sign up via the box below please e-mail email@example.com and we can sort this out for you on Tuesday after the bank holiday.
A 6-week course aimed at beginners and amateur actors with a passion for film. An introductory program designed to deliver the basics in acting for screen, which combines fun character building exercises with practical, on-camera performance technique.
- Learn the fundamentals of screen acting; naturalistic performance, sight-lines, finding your mark, on camera performance techniques.
- Engage in exercises specially designed to ‘free’ the actor for performance.
- Learn how to prepare a scene; getting off book quickly, making strong character decisions, understanding story structure and completing a scene.
- The art of acting as reacting; listening and engaging with your scene partner.
- Rehearse and deliver a performance with your scene partner and receive feedback.
- A fun, no-stress approach to acting on screen. It’s all about enjoyment. Find your inner actor and make new friends.
Following this course, there will be a 6-week course, same day/times, focussing on sitcom and soap operas (click here). Should you sign up to both there will be a 20% discount.
Teacher: Shaun Blaney
Shaun has worked as a professional actor for eleven years in a career spanning theatre, film, television and radio. In 2015 he co-created crime-drama series Farr, with writer/director Aidan Largey, which premiered on the international RTE player. To date, Farr has won five international awards from major web-pilot festivals in Europe and America, including Best Drama at Seriesfest Colorado andITVfest Denver, and two Best Actor awards for Shaun’s performance of the character Michael Gallagher. Farr is currently in development for a major series release. Other television credits include Game of Thrones (HBO), The Frankenstein Chronicles (ITVencore), The Lodge(The Disney Channel), Betrayal of Trust (BBCNI), and Dani’s Castle (CBBC). Film credits include Halo: Nightfall (Scottfree), The Butchering (What’s Next films) and Made in Belfast (KGB) to name but a few.
Course Fees & Dates:
WEDNESDAYS @ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
1st May – 5th June (6 weeks)
Register your interest here (add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so that e-mails do not go to junk mail)
Full fees are now due. In exceptional circumstances we can arrange an instalment policy. Please e-mail email@example.com to request this if needed.
PQA Studios, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross London, N1 9JY