Screen Actors’ Lab
A 10-week course for professional actors and drama graduates who would like to maintain and polish their skills. This is a professional actors’ lab where you will be asked to prepare scenes and self-tapes at home for class analysis, performance and feedback. This is an opportunity for you to experiment with your own ideas in film making, perform scenes with class partners and expand your professional network.
- Perfect your on-screen acting technique. Weekly performances and feedback to keep you sharp.
- In-depth performance exercises designed to promote honesty and clarity in performance.
- Hone your skills and prepare work at home.
- Mock auditions throughout the course. Receive industry and peer feedback.
- Practice self-taping at home, with feedback from the tutor.
- Prepare scenes with a partner to be filmed in class; receive direction, support and analysis.
- A place for you to experiment with your own ideas in filmmaking; duologues, monologues, straight to camera work. Nothing is off limits if you have an idea you want to pursue.
- Expand your creative network and meet actors and industry professionals with whom you can collaborate in the future.
Teacher: Shaun Blaney
Shaun has worked as a professional actor for eleven years in a career spanning theatre, film, television and radio. In 2015 he co-created crime-drama series Farr, with writer/director Aidan Largey, which premiered on the international RTE player. To date, Farr has won five international awards from major web-pilot festivals in Europe and America, including Best Drama at Seriesfest Colorado and ITVfest Denver, and two Best Actor awards for Shaun’s performance of the character Michael Gallagher. Farr is currently in development for a major series release. Other television credits include Game of Thrones (HBO), The Frankenstein Chronicles (ITVencore), The Lodge (The Disney Channel), Betrayal of Trust (BBCNI), and Dani’s Castle (CBBC). Film credits include Halo: Nightfall (Scottfree), The Butchering (What’s Next films) and Made in Belfast (KGB) to name but a few.
Course Fees & Dates:
MONDAYS @ 7.00pm – 9.00pm
29th April – 15th July (10 weeks – no classes on 6th or 27th May)
Register your interest here (add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so that e-mails do not go to junk mail)
PQA Studios London, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross London, N1 9JY