Shape your own Solo Show
**Limited places available. This course is expected to sell out quickly, please book early to avoid disappointment**
Ever dreamt of creating your own solo show? Have a story you want to share? Buzzing to build biographical theatre?
If you’re a fan of Michaela Cole or Phoebe Waller-Bridge, then this is the online course for you. This is your A-Z of solo shows, covering everything from the idea to creation to the business skills needed to self-produce.
Led by Maddy Anholt who has four sold-out one-woman shows under her belt, you will be guided through structuring, story arcing, building narrative, finding the flow, refining your story, how to secure funding and take it to a festival (eventually!)
Maddy Anholt is an actress, writer and comedian who has taken four solo shows to Edinburgh Fringe at Underbelly and Gilded Balloon, runs at the Soho Theatre, Latitude Festival and a UK tour. www.maddyanholt.com
- How to find your story
- Understand how to arc your emotional journey
- Create humour and find your funny
- Build relatable and believable characters
- Learn the power of free-writing
- Work using your voice and body to create narrative
- Create show ‘bibles’ and video diaries
- Create packages to achieve funding
- Work through finding the right festival for you (2021 onwards)
- Film monologue content to keep
- Learn how to self-produce
- Learn how to create your own tour (2021 onwards)
This 4 week evening course will take place via Zoom on Wednesdays 7pm – 9pm, 4th November- 25th November. ALL profits from this course will go towards Saving the Anna Fiorentini Kids Charity Theatre School.